Monthly working groups meeting held on the 6th October 2016 at NGEC offices saw different CSO’s shared the updates for their agencies for the month of September. They included.
Nairobi women’s GBV recovery center.
- kilifi county government has set up safe houses for GBV victims and In light of the keeping the promise campaign the Nairobi women’s recovery center team will offer trainings to the people who will be manning the centers.
- They have set up a child online protection service in Kibera.
Women challenge to challenge organization.
- They had trainings in Kuria for women who are physically challenged and are political aspirants.
- Still in Kuria training on GBV and FGM.
Kenyatta national hospital GBV recovery center.
- Sensitization in schools and churches in preparation for world mental health day e psychological first aid.
- Training of women political aspirants in different counties.
- They had a debate for different schools on GBV reproductive health and HIV/AIDS.
- They also rescued a young girl who was about to be married off early.
Kenya red cross .
- They’ve had a gender and diversity training for their staff .
- They have in cooperated the Beirut GBV training curriculum in Kenya.
Teachers service commission TSC
- Training and sensitization of teachers on GBV and child protection
The National gender and equality commission has facilitated the development of a national monitoring and evaluation framework towards the prevention and response of SGBV.
The aim of the system is to collect aggregated data on cases of SGBV reported to the following sectors health, education, police, prosecution and judiciary.
The system is set to be up and running anytime from next month Thats in November 2016 . On the site reports from they said five sectors will be available and can also be downloaded, the information is available on sgbv.ngeckenya.org.
Discussion also on what should be done to have an effective year three of ‘keeping the promise end GBV campaign’ (GBV and elections) included.
- Capacity building for citizens at county level .
- Working on having men allies who can be advocates of women when it comes to SGBV
- Youth sensitization especially boda boda riders.
- Political parties sensitization.
- And also training different media houses and sensitizing them on delivery of information and news .